Fix problems with tap to pay transactions
If you can’t complete a contactless payment, use these steps to help you solve the problem.
Step 1: Check that your app & Play Services are up to date
- Make sure that your Google Wallet app is up to date. Learn how to update apps on Android.
- Make sure that Google Play Services are up to date.
Step 2: Check your contactless payment setup
- Open the Google Wallet app .
- At the top right, tap your profile picture or Account Tap to pay setup.
- Check if you’re ready to make contactless payments. To tap to pay with Google Wallet:
- Near field communication (NFC) must be turned on.
- To make a tap-to-pay transaction with a card in your Google Wallet, Google Pay should be set as your default payment app.
- Add a contactless payment method.
- Set up a screen lock.
- Your phone must meet the security requirements.
If all these requirements are met, your phone is ready to make contactless payments.
For more information, please click here.